Sunday, May 4, 2008

Eleven Weeks


This weekend we are 11 weeks, which apparently means it's as big as a small lime. We've been really busy doing things this weekend. Jason made me get out of the house. Saturday we went to Bear Island via kayak and did a lot of exploring. I found three starfish - 2 were live and one probably wasn't. They were purple & orange, very cool. Mr. Marine Biologist himself has never found live starfish on the beach and I found three! We saw tons of washed up big jelly fish, almost as big as your head. We saw a lot of cool sea creatures. On Saturday night we went to a Cinco de Mayo party, without margaritas. Sunday, we ended up doing some strawberry picking. J's plan is to make strawberry preserves (not "jelly"). We ended up at a local farm and they even had ripe and really good tomatoes already. We had some of them sliced on a veggie burger; they were much better than I expected for so early in the season. Our backyard garden is looking really good - hope it'll produce a lot this summer. I'm feeling OK but the "ick" is getting really tiring. They say I should feel better in a couple of weeks. I hope so...