When I looked it up, I realized that I'm actually in the middle of my 6th month now. And that means several things...one is that I thought I was half-way but I'm actually closer to my 3rd trimester. It also means that my moments of forgetting that I'm pregnant are probably going to be fewer now. Sometimes I actually look at myself & think MAN, why am I so bloated? Or, how'd I get so fat? Or something similar in dumbness until it hits me. It also means that getting J to understand the concept of time is pretty much hopeless. Anyone reading this can help by contacting him and letting him know how fast time will fly over the next little bit. He doesn't seem to hear it from me.
I've been sick this week with something that sounds awful in my chest...but it's just a cold and eventually it'll turn around. The bummer is that it's still here and tomorrow we go to Ocracoke for a long weekend. Looks like the weather will be so-so. But we're taking the kayak and our bikes. It's called a "village" and it's about the size of 3 blocks or so. Everywhere is walkable pretty much...and people get around on bikes there. I pick up our 10-year wedding cake in the morning. I'm excited to see and taste it! Hopefully it'll be really good and very pretty.
Movement is definitely increasing, slowly but steady. J felt several kicks last night...one on his head! They are getting stronger. Sometimes I can feel it in two places at once - like hands and feet moving together.