Monday, April 20, 2009

Hiking, Gardens, and Fish - OH MY!










Ethan had tons of "firsts" this weekend!! His Gpa David & Gma Linda were here for a visit and we took a hike in a beautiful area called Island Creek...Ethan slept through most of it in his new cool purple backpack (on Jason). I believe that he really liked it though. And then we went to the Tryon Palace: "Tryon" being the name of the first NC governor, and New Bern is the first state capital, so it's got a colonial, old skool feel to it. They are known for their spring gardens among other things so we checked it out. We didn't take many pics there and the ones of the flowers weren't that great, so oh well. And we also went to the aquarium in Morehead City, about an hour away. I thought he would watch the fish/sharks/etc more than he did...probably just a little too much stimulus for one little baby!
He's also grabbing his feet a lot now...hey, I have toes! And he tried carrots today and SCREEEEEAMED - clearly, he did not want the carrots. But when I took out the apples, he was OK with them. Still, sweet potatoes are the best. Might try bananas next.



No comments: