Saturday, June 6, 2009

Rainy Saturday



Today was supposed to be nice, but it's been rainy all day. We were hoping to go to the beach again, but not today I guess. All 3 of us ended up dressing alike today: white Tshirt & khaki shorts. You can't tell but Ethan's wearing the same thing!

We went to Babies R Us to pick up a few things & ended up getting a smaller, easier-to-travel-with (anywhere!) stroller and we also needed to get a carset for J's truck. Mr. E is almost out of his 'baby' car seat and so we'll be transitioning to the next one. I'm excited about that because this small one (with the handle on it to carry) is getting extremely awkward & heavy to carry. I'm afraid I'm going to throw my back out or something! He still has to be rear facing for at least 6 more months....which kinda sucks but it is what it is.

On the way home, we stopped by a Mexican restaurant & ate there. He did great! He's eating more real solid food now & likes most things. Squash is mmmmmmmm good. He's started to eat some meaty foods like a chicken-squash-corn combo. MMMMmmm good. He is also on a different starter sippy cup now that he's starting to learn how to use...he gets pretty frustrated with it and growls a lot. But he's learning. He's also rolling over more now and I can read books while we're both on our stomachs. Something else he really likes is music - whether it's classical, top-40, country, or the annoying music that accompanies every single baby toy out there.... it doesn't matter. He really loves music.

We have set a date of 6/27 for his first official photo shoot. I hope he'll be sitting up without help by then. He's almost there but topples over easily.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Now that's some good lookin' gene-poolin'!