Wednesday, August 12, 2009

After 8 years, a new stove!

This is the "before" pic...and below is the "after" pic....pretty sexy huh? This (above) stove has cooked at literally 200-250 degrees HOTTER than the dial said for years, like close to 8 years. We cooked a meal and brownies last night in the new stove (below) and OMG, you can actually cook at the correct temp for the said time and, OMG it does not burn!!! Is this what people do normally?? Cook food without burning it or watching it every 3 minutes??? Wow.... Note the food cooking in it below. The light works correctly AND the window is bigger than teh other one so you can actually see inside it. (It matches the dishwasher but the fridge is still that cream color.) I feel rich!! :) This has been in the works for years, literally. FINALLY. It's about time. No more bitchin' about this. What's next?

I was joking with my neighbor via email that it looked like Sanford & Son on our curb this morning, a busted up old stove out there in pieces...I took a pic and then an hour later the truck came & got it. Such a cathartic, exciting, and liberating experience...having an appliance that isn't 15-20 years old is AMAZING! ...and then here's a cute pic of Ethan, nekid again, looking into the big tub at his little blue tub wondering, how do I get in there??

No comments: