Monday, November 9, 2009

Manteo - Outer Banks NC



#$%^&* that's cold!!
Elvis & Jill after the race - they finished within maybe 10-15 minutes of each other!I made a sign of glitter (arts & crafts!) - one side said ELVIS and one side said JILL! ...I was having a slow day in the office last week.

Half marathon anyone?? OK, so *I* didn't do it...but my friends did. I was the cheering section & transportation department. Manteo is a small place, but not too far from Nags Head, Kitty Hawk, Jockey's Ridge (famous for hangliding, the Wright Brothers, flight...). Absolutely beautiful weekend - warm, not a cloud in the sky. It was warm enough for me to put my feet in the Ocean water in Nags Head. You would think that the OBX area is a quick trip for me from NB, but it's a good 3.5 hrs any way you slice it, if not more. Anyway, while I was gone Ethan & Jason picked up colds. So I'm kinda' glad I was away & not surrounded by nasty germs although I am now! J's taking the day off and is actually in bed, so he must not feel that great. Usually when he's "home sick" he's doing a bunch of other things - like cleaning the garage or manual labor of some type, which I totally don't get. When I'm off sick I'm actually sick & wiped out. Anyway, hopefully the rest will help.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are certainly forgiven by me for not quite doing the half marathon. Is there such a thing as a 1/26th marathon?