Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Responsible decisions

In the past few days, we have gone to an all-day childbirth class, bought a rocking chair, gotten the stroller from Terry, taken an infant CPR class, and looked at 2 close-by childcare facilities as possible choices for later on. Not only that, but the walls are almost complete in the shed which means that we will get some el-cheapo carpet in there, paint the walls and then we can start moving furniture around. This Saturday, Elvis & Nikki are throwing me a shower...so we'll have a better idea of what we have vs. what we need. I'm excited about getting the curtains up! Next Friday, there's a rumor that some folks at the Raleigh office connected with Jason's work want to "do something" for us.

I found something pretty cool on iTunes. There's a baby lullabye section that uses soft, lullabye type instruments to "normal" music. So, I downloaded some good ones from The Beatles, Metallica, Bob Marley, and others. So now I have some cool lullabyes instead of stuff like 'the wheels on the bus go round & round..."

I've been getting some good exercise lately. Today is the only day that I haven't done anything physical in over a week. Tomorrow morning I go to dance class. I've been pretty good about keeping active at least 4x a week. My left hip is really sore, I think partly because I sleep on my left side a lot. I do have to make an effort to eat stuff like raw veggies and protein - what I really want is sugar. But as long as I balance it out and keep it in the front of my brain, it's fine.

This Friday I have an OB appt, and next week I have scheduled a 3D/4D ultrasound. I really didn't think I was going to since it's elective and you have to pay out-of-pocket for it...but the more I thought about it, I thought it would be really neet to meet Ethan early and actually be familiar with him before he arrives. Some people really enjoy the element of surprise - not knowing the gender, not knowing stuff in general, but that really doesn't compliment my "planning" personality. I'll get some pics and defiintely post them so you can meet him too!

When J's mom was here this weekend, she asked me if I had my "bag" packed for the hospital, and I hadn't even thought about it really. So I made a list based on all my reference books & online due-in-Nov group. At this point, I have a a list but I haven't put anything together yet.

He's been moving like crazy today! I feel pretty lucky that things are going so well, knock on wood. Based on some things I've seen on message boards, some people who are due around the same time are miserable - tons of weight gain, leg cramps, insomnia, can barely get around, complete basket case emotionally, etc. Some people have been on bedrest since 14 weeks!! None of that stuff has bothered me. I sleep really good (except the 3-4 nightly potty breaks), exercise, don't feel especially crazy or tired...other than the initial sickness, it really isn't that big of a deal. I figure a lot of those people who are miserable are probably miserable in thier "normal non-pregnant" lives too!! Mind as well embrace it and quit bitchin'. ..it's not gonna last forever!