Monday, October 20, 2008

Greensboro, Camp WholeHeart, & more!





OK, quick update...this past week has been crazy. I think I was trying to answer the question: so how much travel & activity can you do when you're 8 months pregnant? I definitely have pushed myself to the limit! I'm fine, but extremely tired this morning.

Last Monday night we took a tour of the hospital. Tuesday morning I drove to Greensboro (4hrs) and had to be there through Thursday at lunchtime for a statewide work meeting. While I was there, my work colleagues gave me a surprise baby shower at breakfast and gave us a high chair!!!!! I was completely shocked!!! (see pic)

On the way home from Gboro, I picked up Elvis in Raleigh and we did a few things to prepare for camp. That night we stuffed bags, unwrapped flash lights, and did tons of prep stuff for the next day. Then Friday, Sat, Sunday was Camp. It was definitely the best one we've done so far. Can't believe that it's the 4th annual one and that our next will be FIVE years!! I'll post & send out some pics later but there's literally thousands to go through so it'll take a little bit of time to sort through everything. I'll write a recap later.

The one thing I'll go ahead & mention is that the camp volunteers organized a surprise baby shower for us!! And what surprised me the most is that most of the gifts were from the KIDS!! I can't believe that all the kids kept it a secret - noboby leaked it! We got a bunch of clothing & goodies...plus they made a huge poster with the Lub Dub turtle mascot on it where everyone signed it. So that will go in his room too - somewhere. :) (see pic)