Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Five Weeks Tomorrow!

This morning I went for my post OB checkup; I was supposed to bring Ethan, but he had other plans. I was planning on leaving, getting ready, etc and he decided to start pooping...and then I changed him, but he was still not happy. I put him inthe carseat and he started screaming like crAAzy. Then Libby started screaming, and Tina was tied up in a knot. So J came home & I said forget it and just went by myself and brought a few pics of him. I found out how old my OB is...32.

I've already lost 25 pounds!! I can go back to the gym now too, so I'm excited about getting more off. Maybe I shouldn't say this out loud but I'm not exactly sure why it's so hard for so many people to lose the baby weight...I'm sure that part of the reason it's coming off is that there's so much to do and no time to do it. Food is more of a luxury than a necessity right now and I'm excited to get two good, solid meals in every day. I'm going to make some time thsi week to do some holiday cooking & baking, but that's definitely not our normal routine anymore. It's hard to be a food snob when everything else takes priority.

Ethan also had his checkup today. He's 9 pounds and 8 ounces!! He had his 2nd HepB shot and was not happy, but he quieted down pretty easily. He's eating about 4oz at each feeding now. All looks good according to Dr. G. Right now, it's peace & quiet....all I hear is the clock ticking in the kitchen. AAAaaaaaaah....