Monday, December 1, 2008

Poop, docs, and walks

The docs thsi weekend said that if he still hadn't pooped by this morning to call and have him seen today. So we brought him in. They said that he looks great and that some babies only poop 2x a week to begin with and that as long as there weren't any signs of constipation (gravel like or hard looking poop) then he's fine. We can give him some prune juice to help move things along. Sarah told me to have his tongue checked b/c it was white & could be Thrush, which I guess is an oral yeast infection. But that's fine too, it's just the white residual from the formula.

Shortly after we get home I take Libby outside to play pinecone & J takes him to be changed. And of course we have a poop explosion. I think that the rectal thermometer really stimulates stuff in there because that's what happened last Monday too. I had no idea this was going on because I was outside. Afterwards, we took him for a short walk.

Later today J takes a nap and I take him for his second walk. The doc said that he might have his days/nights mixed up and to get him outside more when we can. The past 2 days were really yucky & rainy so we were cooped up. I took him for a 35-40 minute walk today. It felt good to be outside & active. He liked it too. Maybe all this stimulation today will allow him to sleep a little more tonight....we can only hope!