Thursday, March 12, 2009

Chan's first overnight trip away from Ethan

So I had to be away overnight Tuesday night through Wed for a work event. It was 3+ hours away in the outer banks (Kitty Hawk/Nags Head). The weather was really nice there but I couldn't enjoy it. However, the workshop I was facilitating was in the Ramada and it was literally on the beach...so it was kinda' nice to have huge windows behind the crowd so that I could look out over hte water. Aaaaaaaah. I was hoping to see a pod of dolphins but the water's too cold for that yet.

While I was gone, J was responsbile for all the nightly and morning routines for Ethan. Both did REALLY good and had no problems at all. I didn't think that there would be. It was weird being away for the first time. I woke up several times during the night at the hotel and thought - where am I? where's Ethan? Is he ok?? And I was really ancy (sp?) to get home when it was finished. It was a very long drive home and I thought I'd never get there. When I did get there around 8:30, E was almost asleep and he went down at 9:30! Although, I'm posting this at 6:30am since we've been up since 5am - but, he did go back to sleep this morning. He was really wet and hungry. Gotta say, Jason might be the best dad EVER. He has no fear of being alone with E, taking him places, and being here overnight without me...which is really good for both of us.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Go team Green! Sounds like it was harder on you than Ethan:-)

Unknown said...

J for President Dad 2009