
Yesterday, the NC legislative folks voted 56-62 in favor of a law to prohibit smokign in restaurants AND bars. This is definitely a historic day for NC - The Gov has to sign it (within 10 days, probably sooner) and then it will either be in effect immediately OR not until 1/2/2001. But either way, the clock's ticking and we'll finally be able to go into the Outback, any mexican restaurant, and anywhere else with Ethan. WOW - what a beautiful day. Sniff sniff...yum. Been in the tobacco prevention "biz" for a while now & never thought I'd see the day. I can remember one of the first smokefree NC restaurants (in Cary I think) I went into about 12ish years ago and it was totally smokefree. It was such a novelty then, and so weird. But given what we know about smoking & health effects, the timing is right. I love that I had a small role in this change!!!!
(I was just on a conf' call & I heard that it also applies to bowling allys....but I'm not totally sold on that. The language isn't clear within the bill, so maybe - maybe not)
No comments:
Post a Comment