Monday, May 25, 2009

New Room!











In doing some very small things throughout the house to prepare for the day that we might have to sell it...we've replaced some light fixtures here & there, added 4 solar lights to our front walkway since it's pretty dark at night & it was only $20, and decided to repaint the guest room. We added it up and it's somewhere around 18. What's "18"??? That's the number of times that we have painted rooms in this house. And no, there's not 18 rooms in this small house. We've painted our bedroom 3x, the living room 3x, the outside, and literally every room in the house at least once. So when you add it all up, this was probably #18 although we've lost the exact count along the way. I like changing rooms.

This room WAS the red room...and prior to that it was purple. It's actually now the same color as our entrance & kitchen eating area. Not exactly an exciting color but IF we do have to sell the house this summer or next, then the reality is that not everyone will like a red, orange, green, blue, yellow, and purple room!!! So we're at least going to paint the guest & master bedrooms a boring neutral color. So when it was done, I didn't really like it but thought it would look better in the morning. I was wrong. Still didn't like it. Told J and he said we were NOT painting that room ever again. Soooo I had to draw from previous Home & Garden TV shows that I've seen and decided to make it look ok. I got a cheap duvet cover and took an old sheet - made curtains twaala! I really have no idea where that sheet came from - it's been here for a while & has no matching sets. ??? Anyone claim it? Too late now, it's cut & it's a curtain! I should have taken a before pic of the red room but thought about it too late. It's not 100% finished, but this gives you an idea...

Oh, and the two pics of Ethan sleeping are from today. Dude's going through a growthspurt. Slept a LOT today. The one on the bed is in our room, and Libby is two feet away from him...and the other one - notice he's asleep holding on to Mr. Elephant.

No comments: